Central OregonUnattended candle sparks fire that destroys NW Prineville home

Unattended candle sparks fire that destroys NW Prineville home

Unattended candle sparks fire that destroys NW Prineville home

Family away, but cat perishes in blaze

PRINEVILLE, Ore. (KTVZ) – An unattended candle sparked a fire that destroyed a northwest Prineville home while the family was away Monday morning, but a cat perished in the blaze, a Crook County Fire & Rescue official said.

Crews were called to the fire on Northwest Seehale Avenue around 9:25 a.m., Division Chief Russell Deboodt said. They arrived to find a fire in the front of the small, one-story home and smoke coming from several openings.

Crews stretched a house line to the front door, went in and got the fire out quickly, Deboodt said, but the structure and contents were a complete loss, due to heat and smoke damage.

The American Red Cross was called in to assist the residents, two adults and three children.

Other mutual-aid assistance was provided by Prineville Police and Pacific Power.

The post Unattended candle sparks fire that destroys NW Prineville home appeared first on KTVZ.

KTVZ.com
KTVZ.comhttps://ktvz.com/
Central Oregon's news leader since 1977.

Subscribe Today

GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO CONTENT

SUPPORT LOCAL JOURNALISM

NEWS FROM 30+ MEDIA SOURCES

250,000+ LOYAL READERS EACH YEAR

Get unlimited access to our news content and our archive of Central Oregon stories.

Top Stories

More Articles