The closure of the intersection at 15th Street and Wilson Avenue in Bend for construction of a new roundabout will begin Feb. 20, the city said Friday.
Drivers are being alerted to detours that will be in place for the closure, which is expected to take two months.
- NORTHBOUND DETOUR – Take 15th Street to Reed Market Road. Turn right on 9th Street. Turn right on Franklin Avenue. Turn right on 10th Street (turns into Bear Creek Road).
- SOUTHBOUND DETOUR – Take 15th Street to Bear Creek Road (turns into 10th Street). Turn left on Franklin Avenue. Turn left on 9th Street and continue to Wilson Avenue.
- EASTBOUND DETOUR – Take Wilson Avenue to 9th Street.
If the weather or something else doesn’t cause a delay, the roundabout is expected to open in April.
RELATED: Neff – Purcell intersection in Bend to close for 5 months
RELATED: Why are the street lamps purple at Empire and Purcell in Bend?
The new roundabout will cost about $5 million. It’s more expensive than most roundabouts because of the amount of earthwork required to level the site and remove the house.
Next week, there is more modernization work on Wilson Ave. from 9th to 15th Streets, including:
- Crews will be installing a new waterline on Wilson Avenue. Please be prepared for flaggers coordinating traffic through lane shifts on Tuesday, January 31 and Wednesday, February 1.
- Drywell and storm catch basin installation work continues.
- Work will continue on the retaining wall for the 15th Street and Wilson Avenue roundabout.
- Crews will continue pouring curbs and sidewalks along the north and south side of Wilson Avenue between Manley Avenue and 15th Street.