Central Oregon DailyMeat smoker blamed for Prineville house fire

Meat smoker blamed for Prineville house fire

Meat smoker blamed for Prineville house fire

Prineville House Fire

A barbecue on the porch is to blame for a house fire in Prineville early Tuesday morning that damaged a neighboring home, Crook County Fire and Rescue said.

The fire happened on NE 6th Street at about 3:13 a.m.

“Crook County Fire and Rescue arrived to find fire coming from the east side of the house immediately threatening an adjoining house,” Crook County Fire said in a release. “Crews quickly deployed hose lines and kept the fire from spreading to adjacent homes.  The fire originated on the exterior of the home and then spread inside.  The home suffered significant heat and smoke damage throughout.  An adjacent home also sustained minor heat damage.”

Crook County Fire said a meat smoker and the porch was the cause and that the fire was accidental.

No injuries were reported. 

RELATED: 2-story barn in Sisters burns to ground

CentralOregonDaily.com
CentralOregonDaily.comhttps://centraloregondaily.com/
Central Oregon Daily is Television in Central Oregon … on-air, on-line & on-the-go. We are KOHD – Central Oregon’s ABC, KBNZ – CBS for Central Oregon, and local programming on Central Oregon Daily, COTV and CO4 Visitors Network. We are storytellers of all that matters to Central Oregonians.

Subscribe Today

GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO CONTENT

SUPPORT LOCAL JOURNALISM

NEWS FROM 30+ MEDIA SOURCES

250,000+ LOYAL READERS EACH YEAR

Get unlimited access to our news content and our archive of Central Oregon stories.

Top Stories

More Articles