Central Oregon DailyHunnell Road camper catches fire; cause believed to be smoking

Hunnell Road camper catches fire; cause believed to be smoking

Hunnell Road camper catches fire; cause believed to be smoking

Hunnell Road camper catches fire; cause believed to be smoking

Bend Fire and Rescue put out a camper fire on Hunnell Road on Saturday, according to Deputy Fire Marshall Cindy Kettering. 

Reports of the fire came in just before 4 p.m., and crews found a pickup-style camper completely ablaze when they arrived. 

They were able to put out the fire quickly before it spread to other vehicles, Kettering says. 

No one was in the camper at the time. An investigation found that the fire was accidental, but was related to smoking inside the camper. 

The estimated loss was $1,500, the fire department says. 

During the course of the incident, Bend Fire and Rescue found a motorhome parked directly in front of a fire hydrant, preventing them from using it. 

The fire department wants to remind drivers not to block fire hydrants, as it is against Oregon law to park within 10 feet of one. 

CentralOregonDaily.com
CentralOregonDaily.comhttps://centraloregondaily.com/
Central Oregon Daily is Television in Central Oregon … on-air, on-line & on-the-go. We are KOHD – Central Oregon’s ABC, KBNZ – CBS for Central Oregon, and local programming on Central Oregon Daily, COTV and CO4 Visitors Network. We are storytellers of all that matters to Central Oregonians.

Subscribe Today

GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO CONTENT

SUPPORT LOCAL JOURNALISM

NEWS FROM 30+ MEDIA SOURCES

250,000+ LOYAL READERS EACH YEAR

Get unlimited access to our news content and our archive of Central Oregon stories.

Top Stories

More Articles