NWS says monsoon moisture and instability will arrive Thursday and Friday, resulting in a 20-50% chance of thunderstorms. Those storms will be limited to the higher mountain terrain next weekend.
A Fire Weather Watch is in effect from Thursday morning – Friday evening for abundant lighting. Affected areas include the following fire weather zones (see map below):
- Zone 611 Deschutes National Forest (Minus Sisters Ranger District)
- Zone 640 Central Mountains
- Zone 642 Southern Blue and Strawberry Mountains
- Zone 644 Central Blue Mountains
- Zone 645 Wallowa District
RELATED: 7-Day Forecast
In addition, NWS says outflow winds gusting 25 to 35 mph could cause erratic fire behavior on pre-existing fires.