Central Oregon Daily News En EspanolFire at Prineville butcher shop sends 2 to hospital

Fire at Prineville butcher shop sends 2 to hospital

Fire at Prineville butcher shop sends 2 to hospital

F5 Smokehouse Fire

Two people were taken to the hospital after a fire at a butcher shop and meat processing facility in Prineville Tuesday.

Crook County Fire and Rescue said that the fire at the F5 Smokehouse on NE 4th Street happened around 12:45 p.m. Several people were there working at the time.

Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the rear of the building. The fire had already vented through a large glass window and was threatening two other commercial buildings.

RELATED: Donations pouring in for Oregon firefighter who lost home to fire

Crews were able to quickly knock down the flames and keep the fire from spreading to the rest of the structure and the nearby businesses, Crook County Fire said.

Two people were taken to St. Charles Prineville for smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental due to a fire in a large commercial smoker.

CentralOregonDaily.com
CentralOregonDaily.comhttps://centraloregondaily.com/
Central Oregon Daily is Television in Central Oregon … on-air, on-line & on-the-go. We are KOHD – Central Oregon’s ABC, KBNZ – CBS for Central Oregon, and local programming on Central Oregon Daily, COTV and CO4 Visitors Network. We are storytellers of all that matters to Central Oregonians.

Subscribe Today

GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO CONTENT

SUPPORT LOCAL JOURNALISM

NEWS FROM 30+ MEDIA SOURCES

250,000+ LOYAL READERS EACH YEAR

Get unlimited access to our news content and our archive of Central Oregon stories.

Top Stories

More Articles