BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) — As firefighters tackle numerous new lightning-sparked fires around the High Desert, the growth of the Cedar Creek Fire by Waldo Lake, last reported at over 18,000 acres, prompted Deschutes County emergency managers to evacuation Crane Prairie Reservoir and other nearby areas Wednesday.
Here’s the full list – the map can be viewed at: https://lcgisorg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=fffd5cd4131d40bc885331fe3c905283
Below are the updated evacuation levels for Deschutes County due to the Cedar Creek Fire. For detailed information on evacuation areas go to deschutes.org/emergency.
Level 3 – GO NOW
- Areas east of the Lane County/Deschutes County Line, North of the Klamath County/Deschutes County line, northwest side of Wickiup Reservoir, the area surrounding Crane Prairie Reservoir and south of 6 Lakes Trail and Lava and Little Lava Lakes to include:
- Cultus Lake Lodge and Campground
- Little & Big Cove Boat-In Campground
- West Cultus Boat-In Campground
- Little Cultus
- Cultus Mountain
- Crane Prairie Reservoir
- Brown’s Mountain
- Lemish Butte
- Ketchketch Butte
- Johnny Lake
Level 2 – BE SET
- North of the line delineating Township 20S from Township 19S, east of the Lane County/Deschutes County line, south of 6 Lakes Trail, and west of Cascade Lakes Highway to include
- Lucky Butte
- Williamson Mountain
- Winopee, Snowshoe, Senoj, Big Finger, Upper Snowshoe, Long, Puppy, Leech, Goldeneye, and Lucky Lakes
- The northwest side of Davis Lake
Level 1 – BE READY
- The area surrounding Lava and Little Lava Lakes
Deschutes County 911 will be using wireless emergency alerts (WEA) to reach visitors in the evacuation areas that may not be signed up for Deschutes Alerts.
The post Cedar Creek Fire triggers wider Level 3 evacuations, including Crane Prairie Reservoir appeared first on KTVZ.