Employees quell kitchen fire at Silver Moon Brewing

Bend Fire responded to a fire at Silver Moon Brewing on Greenwood yesterday. According to Bend Fire, the incident took place in the kitchen when a quick connect gas fitting broke loose from the stove. Employees were able to get the fire out and shut off the gas. The restaurant was closed yesterday for repairs. Total damage was about 1thousand dollars.



R.L. has won numerous local, state, and national awards for his news coverage and community involvement. He is in the Oregon Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame as a 2004 Heritage Broadcaster of the Year. Over his 38-year career he has been a mainstay in the Central Oregon media.