Bend▶️ Fire at new home in Bend blamed on problem with fireplace

▶️ Fire at new home in Bend blamed on problem with fireplace

▶️ Fire at new home in Bend blamed on problem with fireplace

Bend Tetherow house fire

A problem with the fireplace appears to be the cause of a fire at a brand new house in Bend’s Tetherow neighborhood Monday night, Bend Fire and Rescue said.

The fire happened at about 10:30 p.m. on McRoberts Lane. 

Bend Fire said no fire alarms sounded in the house, but the homeowners heard something in the attic. They went up to investigate and found the fire there. Bend Fire indicated that the alarms didn’t sound because the fire was limited to the attic.

>>> Central Oregon Daily News is on YouTube. Click here to subscribe and share our videos.

RELATED: Fundraiser for Bend family raises $50,000 after home, pets lost in fire

Everyone in the home got out safely and called 911.

Bend Fire said the fire started behind the gas fire place and spread into the attic above. It appears to have been caused by either a malfunction or failure of the fireplace installation or assembly. The homeowners’ insurance company will determine the exact cause.

Total damage is estimated at $225,000. The family, which had just moved into the home and were still unpacking, will work with their insurance to secure housing while until the rebuilding process is done, Bend Fire said.

CentralOregonDaily.com
CentralOregonDaily.comhttps://centraloregondaily.com/
Central Oregon Daily is Television in Central Oregon … on-air, on-line & on-the-go. We are KOHD – Central Oregon’s ABC, KBNZ – CBS for Central Oregon, and local programming on Central Oregon Daily, COTV and CO4 Visitors Network. We are storytellers of all that matters to Central Oregonians.

Subscribe Today

GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO CONTENT

SUPPORT LOCAL JOURNALISM

NEWS FROM 30+ MEDIA SOURCES

250,000+ LOYAL READERS EACH YEAR

Get unlimited access to our news content and our archive of Central Oregon stories.

Top Stories

More Articles