Wood stove believed to have started fire in Sisters home

A fire in Sisters did about 5 thousand dollars damage to a home on South Cedar Street Tuesday night. According to the Sisters-Camp Sherman Rural Fire District, the family and pets got out of the home which had spread to the wood shake roof. The fire was kept to a 20 x 30-foot area and extinguished. Firefighters put a tarp over the roof to keep other damage from taking place inside the home. The fire was believed to have been related to the wood stove.

RL

R.L. has won numerous local, state, and national awards for his news coverage and community involvement. He is in the Oregon Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame as a 2004 Heritage Broadcaster of the Year. Over his 38-year career he has been a mainstay in the Central Oregon media.